Celebrities are often touted as the most beautiful people on the planet. Part of the reason we may be so intrigued by how celebrities look is that they are often fit. While we hear a lot about all the weird diets that celebrities take part in, most of us don’t know the surprising amount of work that celebrities put into their workout routines. Plunkett Fitness found some of the most interesting celebrity workout routines so that you can see what it really takes to look like a movie star or model.
- Matthew McConaughey: Known for his Texas charm, this Hollywood heartthrob loves to run. He told Men’s Fitness that when he goes out for a run, he’ll stop at trees and do pull-ups. Randomly during his runs, he will also stop to do push-ups.
- Kelly Osbourne: The quirky Kelly Osbourne is known for her hula hooping. Generally sold as a kid’s toy, hula-hoops can really work your abs, and Osbourne told Shape that she hula-hoops daily and even hosts hula-hoop parties on Saturday nights that include crazy outfits.
- Michelle Rodriguez: If you enjoy walking around in your birthday suit, you should consider a Michelle Rodriguez-esque workout. The Fast and the Furious actress enjoys nude yoga and meditation. While this is a common practice in large cities like New York, it may be something you wish to practice in your home alone.
- Liam Gallagher: The Oasis frontman likes to run backward through the streets of London for his workouts. This type of exercise is called “retro running,” and Gallagher is brave enough to try it on busy city streets. Are you brave enough to try retro running?
- Mel B: Sex has often been touted as a great cardio workout, and Mel B, formerly Scary Spice of the Spice Girls, says that both she and her husband use sex to stay in shape. Other celebrities, such as Cameron Diaz, Mandy Moore, and Pamela Anderson, also say sex helps them stay in shape.
- Audrina Patridge: Wearing high heels all day can make any woman sore, but would you be brave enough to work out in high heels? Audrina Patridge reportedly gets her exercise in by vacuuming her house in her high heels. She claims that the odd workout helps work and sculpt her calves and butt.
- Victoria Beckham: Victoria Beckham is known for being part of the Spice Girls, but her secret to looking great all the time is facial yoga. Yes, yoga for the face! Even with the popularity of yoga continuing to soar, not many people take part in facial yoga.
- Kevin Hart: Funnyman Kevin Hart has a personal trainer that focuses on explosive movements and high reps. Hart’s intense training helps him create a diverse workout routine that doesn’t get boring. He may be running outdoors one day, jump roping the next, and then hiking the next day. Hart just likes to make sure his workouts don’t get too boring.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: There is no doubt that Arnold Schwarzenegger has a killer physique, but just how did he do it? He does a six-day split program with only one rest day to allow for the muscles in his body to repair themselves. During this program, he lifts heavy weights all six days, but splits the muscle groups he works on based on the day. He also does cardio.
- Dwayne Johnson: Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson looks like a bodybuilder, and that is because he does bodybuilding workouts. He gets up at 4 a.m. six days a week to get in some cardio and lift weights. He lifts heavy weights and continuously increases the resistance as he gets stronger. The Rock warms up with 100-pound weights, so you know that he is one strong guy! Unlike many actors who only focus on fitness before a big role, Johnson likes to stay in shape year-round.
If you aren’t quite ready to work out like a celebrity, but you still want to get in the gym, Plunkett Fitness is the place for you. The personal trainers at Plunkett Fitness can help you reach your fitness goals with one-on-one sessions, semi-private training sessions, and group training sessions. In addition to training, our trainers can assist you with nutrition coaching, so your diet can also help you reach your goals.
To get started with an Overland Park personal trainer today, call Plunkett Fitness at 913-390-3360. At Plunkett Fitness, we start with a consultation where we can learn all about your lifestyle and goals. Then, our trainers develop a routine to help you succeed, and we will hold you accountable. If you are ready to start working toward all your fitness goals, give us a call.