You’ll often hear the phrase “core strengthening” or “core training” thrown around among personal trainers in Overland Park. But you may be wondering… Why is this type of fitness so important?
Most people think of the abdominal muscles when they hear the phrase “core strength,” but the human body’s core is actually comprised of nearly 30 different muscles that work together to help the body to move cohesively as a unit.
Ten benefits of core strengthening with personal trainers in Overland Park include:
- Tightening the abdominal structure to improve power to and from extremities.
- Teaching the muscles how to work together to enhance athletic performance.
- Aiding in protection of the more sensitive muscles and injury prevention.
- Improving respiratory function, with the practice of deeper breathing.
- Enhancing torso stabilization to improve balance and prevent falls.
- Ensuring proper weight distribution to help the body absorb force better.
- Making the muscles more efficient and better able to share energy expenditure.
- Improving spinal structure and posture control, whether at work or at rest.
- Stabilizing the ribs, spine and pelvis to withstand greater impact and force.
- Tightening and flattening the tummy for a more attractive appearance.
Given all these benefits, you can easily see why core strengthening is essential to the body. Yet, even so, few individuals have the self-motivation and discipline to commit to a regular effective core workout. That is why you should enlist the help of the most knowledgeable and experienced personal trainers Overland Park has to offer.
With more personal attention, privacy and customization, many people are able to break out of a rut to condition their bodies with better consistency and efficiency. A personal trainer in Overland Park can show you a number of new exercises to help you reach your strength-training goals quickly and effectively. No two workouts will ever be the same, which will give you a great foundation to work from. You will also be sure you are using the perfect form with each exercise, so you do not injure yourself.
If you don’t feel you can afford to hire your own personal trainer, there are also group settings and fitness boot camps that combine strength training, core training, and cardio training all in a dynamic one-hour workout. This type of personal trainer Overland Park program can help the average person lose 8-10 pounds a month, while toning and conditioning the entire body in a very noticeable way.
For more information on core training, visit our personal trainer Overland Park website.